Update! wrote:Update edit:
I reproduced the bug(??)
- I placed the lean-to of a Town member outside the Town claim and then logged out.
- I used a non-town member character to claim over the lean-to and destroy it.
- I logged in the town member after the lean-to was destroyed and walked away from the area and logged out.
- I logged town member in again and tried to travel to homestead but got the message "You do not have a homestead to travel to"
- I tried to travel to Providence and the timer countdown began (cancelled because I didn't want to get stuck in Providence).
- I recently logged into a character left cold and naked in the wilderness after his lean-to was destroyed - No problem!
- I made some jute clothes and moved away from the area and logged out.... - Wait a second! I logged out?!?!?!?!
note: when I say "empty inventory" I mean "empty inventory and butt assed naked"
So, I tested the situation with another character...
- I had another character destroy his own lean-to and I got a message that my lean-to was destroyed - Excellent!
- Then I tried to log out and got the message "You cannot log out right now" - Makes sense
- Then I tried to travel to Providence with an empty inventory and got the message "You cannot travel right now" - Seems wrong to me
- Then I tried to travel to my homestead with an empty inventory and got the message "You have no homestead to travel to" - Makes sense
So, I go back to the first (bugged?) character...
- With empty inventory I tried to travel to Providence and the timer started counting - Makes sense
- With inventory I tried to travel to Providence and I got the message "You can only travel to Providence from your homestead or with an empty inventory" - Makes sense, if I had a homestead, but I don't. I know this because...
- With empty inventory I tried to travel to my homestead and I got the message "You have no homestead to travel to" - Makes sense
- With empty inventory I tried to log out and the timer started counting - Seems wrong to me
So, neither character has a homestead but,
- The first character can log out and presumably travel to Providence with an empty inventory (I have not completed the travel, only initiated it)
- The test character cannot travel anywhere with empty inventory
I am going to feel like a real jackass if I am missing some obvious issue. Can anyone help clarify the situation for me? Thanks!
Edit to add one difference between characters...
- The first character is a member of a Town
- The test character is NOT a member of a Town
Should that make a difference?
- If so, that means that I can have Town member out in the wild with full inventories (vault) and no lean-to to be looted.
- If that is the case, what would happen to the inventory of those characters if their Town Bell is destroyed?