Alt+Shift freezes Java

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Alt+Shift freezes Java

Postby Irving » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:34 am

So just as the subject of post says: If I press Atl+Shift Java freezes badly and I have to force shut down of Java. The game has no problem while interacting with anything else but as soon as I press those 2 button it crashes. Its not picking up items that causes the problem just pressing those 2 button at same time even while standing still causes the crash.
If anybody has any idea how to fix this I will be grateful for the help.
This happens with any client even the standard client.
IM BACK!
Irving

Re: Alt+Shift freezes Java

Postby Kandarim » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:34 am

Per your own debugging, this had to do with switching languages on your keyboard, and I assume it was solved by changing the hotkey for that (or just turning off hotkeys for it altogether?).
For what it's worth, I also have multiple languages set up on my keyboard -- i've never had this issue, but then I don't have any hotkey set for switching between languages (as this is fairly rare, mostly when someone else is about to use my PC or when I have another go at learning Dvorak :) ).

Just putting it out there for future forum searchers.
I seem to find on google that it tends to occur when switching between a roman-character language and anything else (greek,cyrillic, chinese, ...)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Re: Alt+Shift freezes Java

Postby Irving » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:08 pm

I dont get why it crashed either. Everything was ok until java got updated but I have other pcs and only 1 got that problem.
I turned off the hotkey for languages and that fixed it.
IM BACK!
Irving

Return to Bugs & Technicalities