Gate Bug or Human Error?

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Gate Bug or Human Error?

Postby JWhitehorn_Jr » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:05 pm

I've talked to a lot of people and nobody can figure out why I can't put a gate between these posts. The first pic is when I encountered the error. Then the second pic is my attempt to "work around" it I tried extending in a bit and yet still cannot actually build a gate. Some interesting facts:

*The wall already has gates in other areas

*I am allowed to build 2 wall segments to "close it up" but just not allowed to gate it

*The paving stone cannot be destroyed which was what I thought was the original culprit.

50 Silver in boston to the first person who can figure it out :).

http://tinypic.com/r/2ibkb68/6

http://tinypic.com/r/312imj4/6
Perhaps the Chief never intended to purge the White Man through his scalpings? Perhaps it was his plan all along to crumble the systems of society right beneath the white man's feet. You have much to ponder....

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
JWhitehorn_Jr

Re: Gate Bug or Human Error?

Postby Heffernan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:09 pm

it seems the walls arent alingned 100% to the floor as u can see in this pic they are all not 100% aligned

best is to rip down the whole wall OR try the upper cornerposts and place them manually but 100% aligned to the floortile
Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 am

Indeed, if you don't use the shift key to help you align your cornerposts, it's possible to misalign them and be unable to build a gate.
Your best bet for a workaround here without destroying the whole wall is to destroy one cornerpost, build two wall segments off one cornerpost, build a cornerpost off the second wall segment, then destroy the wall segments and put a gate in their place. The wall segments will ensure that you have the proper spacing. I'd say probably destroy the right side and build it off the left side.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Tulgarath » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 pm

So much better than it used to be.
Tulgarath

Return to Bugs & Technicalities