Stockbins

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Stockbins

Postby riolic » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Chrumps wrote:It looks the order of stockbin contents is reversed when map tile unloads/loads. It can be exploited to access items at the bottom.
By the way, reversing order (but no position change) can be observed for smelters too and that might be important when trying to manipulate purity. One needs to pay attention to purity numbers to notice that.
Most likely all containers reverse their item order on map unloading/loading but it does not matter gameplay wise (but might help looking for it in the code).

I notice this with humus bins in my mine not being LIFO, after emptying about 1/3rd of the bin the pythons will start to come out randomly.
riolic
Customer

Postby Taipion » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:09 pm

riolic wrote:
Chrumps wrote:It looks the order of stockbin contents is reversed when map tile unloads/loads. It can be exploited to access items at the bottom.
By the way, reversing order (but no position change) can be observed for smelters too and that might be important when trying to manipulate purity. One needs to pay attention to purity numbers to notice that.
Most likely all containers reverse their item order on map unloading/loading but it does not matter gameplay wise (but might help looking for it in the code).

I notice this with humus bins in my mine not being LIFO, after emptying about 1/3rd of the bin the pythons will start to come out randomly.

No, that is different, a compost bin is a common container, the "order" is saved server side and will be reset every now and then.
This is true for all general containers like chests, backpacks, your inventory, ... and all items in them.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Chrumps » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Taipion wrote:No, thatIt is no different, a compost bin is a common container, the "order" is saved server side and will be reset every now and then reversed every minimap unload. This is true for all general containers like chests, backpacks, your inventory, ... and all items in them.

Fixed that for you.

You can test it by loading 20 items into your inventory, relogging and trying to shift roll it into your backpack. And if you relogin twice the order will be reversed twice.
Chrumps

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities