Authority Stones bugged under KNOWN rules

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Authority Stones bugged under KNOWN rules

Postby DeepSixed » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:01 am

1. Authority stones. Bell destroyed, plaim where Bell was taken via Imminent Domain. Whomever- even lost a toon logging back in after we pclaimed the same area. When I go to wipe the stone walls of surrounding area covered by town claim stones... I'm met with the STD error that space is claimed with Bell?! How can this be when Bell is gone- tested each day for 5 days.

There is no Bell, so how do town Authority objects still hold enough authority to prevent any waste, DECAY, etc. of any object in their range?''I suspect this is been going on a long time now, (I know it has- tons of structures in the world from fallen bases still viable b/c of this bug); but why are objects on 'town land'... from a Bell that's long gone to **** or destroyed still being protected as if they are on a fully changed Bell/claim?!

Heya JC/Meow/Dallane ~ want to shut up the BS about updates- how about fixing your damn game... that is fix something that has been wrong for likely years already!

Thanks
DeepSixed

Re: Authority Stones bugged under KNOWN rules

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:12 am

DeepSixed wrote:Heya JC/Meow/Dallane ~ want to shut up the BS about updates- how about fixing your damn game... that is fix something that has been wrong for likely years already!

If you are going to troll bugs then I'm just going to lock the thread and ban you. Chill out and give coherent feedback.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:54 am

I think he's trying to say that he's getting messages that something he wants to destroy is on town land because it is still under a town boundary marker. Yeah, it's always been like that and no one has ever had a problem with it. Why 'fix' something that isn't causing any problem? If you think it's suddenly a big problem, please do calm down and explain why you think it should be changed. I'm not certain it should be considered a bug, myself. Most people are happy to know that if their bell is destroyed, the attackers still have to destroy the boundary markers as well.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby DeepSixed » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:20 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I think he's trying to say that he's getting messages that something he wants to destroy is on town land because it is still under a town boundary marker. Yeah, it's always been like that and no one has ever had a problem with it. Why 'fix' something that isn't causing any problem? If you think it's suddenly a big problem, please do calm down and explain why you think it should be changed. I'm not certain it should be considered a bug, myself. Most people are happy to know that if their bell is destroyed, the attackers still have to destroy the boundary markers as well.

The boundary markers aren't the issue, it's the boundary itself that's at issue. Why do fences, regardless of type, get full immunity of Waste w/o TBF when Bell no longer exists?

Give over already. Bell is gone, why do Town Stones and all they contain keep holding same authority as if Bell is STILL Behind them.

IDK- like Bell is optional now?

I'm building 3x3 Brick walls around my Authority stones... are you suggesting when I get them all built... I wipe the Bell and my town assets will see no decay and be just as defensible without spending 8K silver every 2 weeks?

Wow- I know I could spend it on other stuff easy. I'm sure others will be eager for me to buy that much more a month.

Which is it?

I'm a cotton farmer not a Raider and while that's mostly immaterial- the point is I'm happy with what I have- it's as big as it ever needs to be... so why maintain a Bell if Authority stones will maintain what I have, defended well, into perpetuity?

[i]I still gets all the perks, etc associated with Bell without the costs?

Is this really what Dev intended? It's the King's Silver
that he's been cheated of... etc.

Oh- yeah... the King doesn't give a **** about his cut

If he doesn't care; how about Market at 5% vs 35% tax sounds good to me!?!
DeepSixed

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:01 pm

but when no bell = no member town = can't build (if you don't have pclaim)
but yes... is problem when raiders destroy bell (and tbf? / tbc?) and you wanna rebuild town... but you cant build near townbell... :P

but if auth = 0, i don't know what happen (mean.. enemy can destroy build or not ? with aouth = 0, if can destroy then.. rly without town bell.. and you can't destroy = is bug i think)
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Nsuidara wrote:is bug i think)

I think u r right 100% yes
gorniksam

Postby Hose » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:36 pm

ARE YOU DRUNK AGAIN???
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:35 pm

I always play as a hermit, so bell mechanics aren't my strong suit. If I recall correctly, you should be able to destroy the boundary markers when there is no bell. Have you tried just destroying them and were unable to do so?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Methuzelah23 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:21 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I always play as a hermit, so bell mechanics aren't my strong suit. If I recall correctly, you should be able to destroy the boundary markers when there is no bell. Have you tried just destroying them and were unable to do so?

Boundary stones can be destroyed but objects and structures behave as if they are you know, on a vclaim, cause they are. LIKE you said it's never been a problem, and likely shouldn't be considered one. IF frakked is still paying his bell or pclaim for the last 2 years then :lol: :lol:
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Nsuidara » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:36 am

destroy the boundary - yes
but walls about boundary stone not :D ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities