Authority Stones bugged under KNOWN rules

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Authority Stones bugged under KNOWN rules

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:26 am

Methuzelah23 wrote:Boundary stones can be destroyed but objects and structures behave as if they are you know, on a vclaim, cause they are. LIKE you said it's never been a problem, and likely shouldn't be considered one. IF frakked is still paying his bell or pclaim for the last 2 years then :lol: :lol:

Yeah... if you've gotten as far as the bell to destroy it, you probably had to bash some walls, which means you had a tbf up and were just too lazy to get the walls around the stones as well. So you just make a new tbf. If more people had been talking about this sooner, I'd be more inclined to think it's a problem. I can put it on the list to consider making all stones and flags null when the bell is gone, but I can tell you now, Frakked, it's not going to be a high priority thing.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Kralith » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:55 pm

It should have no priority on list, because the problem is lazyness not mechanic.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby DeepSixed » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:58 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Methuzelah23 wrote:Boundary stones can be destroyed but objects and structures behave as if they are you know, on a vclaim, cause they are. LIKE you said it's never been a problem, and likely shouldn't be considered one. IF frakked is still paying his bell or pclaim for the last 2 years then :lol: :lol:

Yeah... if you've gotten as far as the bell to destroy it, you probably had to bash some walls, which means you had a tbf up and were just too lazy to get the walls around the stones as well. So you just make a new tbf. If more people had been talking about this sooner, I'd be more inclined to think it's a problem. I can put it on the list to consider making all stones and flags null when the bell is gone, but I can tell you now, Frakked, it's not going to be a high priority thing.

It's the whole- we want folks to return thing.

There was this town- "The Mansion" that became Mini moi or something... turns out it's quite close to SW spawn point. A 10K town with Authority points that has existed since before I quit and returned. Almost as long as the this server has existed and all the building are still there, etc. I put a pclaim on the Church and Brick house... and some of the stamp Mills- the Mine is ****... not even 2 levels... thinking I'd do something with it one day... when the rest of the **** defenses finally decayed; but at the current rate... it'll take another decade...maybe more.

Wow- they folks could come back...but in reality it's a huge stake of real estate that will never to be developed by anyone because Stone rules weren't properly adjusted.

We all talk about how big the map is...sure for a handful of folks; but the fact you don't look at the map as worth a 100K population (its easily that big) is part of the problem.

I keep reading about rumor the game is PVP... but you keep leaving all these iconic towns of another age for folks to pick over and then degrades us for picking up the left overs? Who is the Hypocrite here? You, Devs, are the ones who made it possible in the first place. Most of these town should be dust and gone a long, long time ago

You don't think Big... You DON'T want big... so you think small, and small population is what we have.

LOL
DeepSixed

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:28 pm

I'm not sure how allowing objects to remain in the world until they slowly decay is 'thinking small', but it sounds to me like you just took the lazy way out in making yourself a base here and now want to be given the ability to be even more lazy by having the rules changed in your favor. Put down a damn tbf or expand your pclaim and stop complaining. Or if you don't like that, make yourself your own base.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Judaism » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:02 pm

Its actually a problem in my opinion, unpaid active town's are less powerful than leftover boundaries. This exact issue has been reported prio to the Arcadia raid 2 years ago, even resulted in a top 10 death back then. The sad fact that people only just now noticed or began to wonder about those mechanics is a different story.

I woudn't however call it a big problem either and I am completely fine by leaving it the current way be, it makes sense to not completely wipe a town by just destroying a bell. However the fact that destroying an unpaid boundary can be done without a tbf and without leaving scents, a leftover boundary actually requires that.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities