landed in town naked! could not logout

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

landed in town naked! could not logout

Postby wolfram621 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:25 pm

I have not played for a long time. When I tried to login a few days ago I received information that the place where I was at logoff does not exist and i will be transferred to homestead and my stuff from backpack falls. Probably the house and the farm no longer exist but I have a lot of things in my backpack and eq. I logged in but it turns out that I do not have homestead and landed in the town naked. In winter! Hypothermia itself progresses, the church does not want to let me in, and I just do not have time to create clothes. I want to log out and take care of that later, but the game will not let me. Unfortunately, I hurry to work and turn off the game by force. And the next day I'm gone. Frozen somewhere in the forest: / Character named Aquilla Torus. Please undo this and giving me the chance to survive even if all the equipment got damn. Inability to logout is a misunderstanding! Play because you freeze to death? Besides according to the logic of the withdrawal of my character to the city of equipment should be in place ....
wolfram621

Re: landed in town naked! could not logout

Postby black89hawk » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:02 pm

oh that sad story
you got raider that why your stuff gone and you naked in provi
you can warm your budy with some clothes
I dont know if you still playing I can help you
black89hawk

Postby wolfram621 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Raider took my eq and things from the backpack? How? I've been offline for a year:|
My body was physically in the game??? I try to play again, but when I think about all that time that I spent on the life of a hermit in this game .. It's a little discouraging.
Thanks for the kind words;)
wolfram621

Postby Kralith » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:16 pm

You can go into one of the small houses in Providence, they work even against the cold.

And even if you loged out for a year, your Toon is maybe not save at all.
People can find your Leanto and destroy it, then you will drop all equip and finally you will come out in Providence City, naked.
And you can't logout when you don't have an HS anymore.
Means, you first have to find an empty Leanto outside of Providence and set your HS there, then you are able to logout again.

If you force logout, your Character will stay in Game if you don't have an HS.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Taipion » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Kralith wrote:If you force logout, your Character will stay in Game if you don't have an HS.

...and gain madness while doing so, resulting in death after at most 2 days!

Your char will gain insanity while being in the game world, every ~4 hours you will gain a madness lvl that way, reaching lvl 10 means permadeath.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:54 pm

wolfram621 wrote:Raider took my eq and things from the backpack? How? I've been offline for a year:|

Currently nothing is safe in this game unless you use the bank for your silver. People can destroy or steal from your leanto to take everything.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby DeepSixed » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:11 am

Place a leanto and you are *****. No simple way to say it... perhaps maybe Devs will forgive F O C K E D... etc.

Point is any idiot can put down a pclaim 2x2 square and it it covers your leanto by even a single square... we have full rights to destroy your leanto.

It drops everything you wear/own/etc onto the ground for us to collect and leaves you naked and nothing in town

Put down your own plcaim and if we attempt the same.. we'll leave scents esp if claim if filled. Hell we might be KO right on your claim if we're dumb enough to attempt it at low biles.

It is dirt easy to steal from unprotected ( plcaim ) leanto, and if you are stupid enough to trust nobody will find yours...then you deserve this.

Had you been screwed by a thief (scent) you could share with others... then you might have had a viable complaint. OFC you'd be required to produce the Scent created with others or have 500s to give to judge to administer mandatory judgment.

That you are dead broke and stupid is no reason to bother forums.

Try to educate yourself. I've been where you are...and I'm being like 1000x easier than you actually deserve to have the nerve to think you are more than a flea trying to bit my neck... period, ever...whatever.

Who's next?!
DeepSixed

Postby Champie » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:07 am

DeepSixed wrote:It drops everything you wear/own/etc onto the ground for us to collect and leaves you naked and nothing in town

Added for clarification: A character only ends up in Providence if their Homestead is destroyed AND the position of their attempted login is unavailable (in this case because the area was claimed by someone else).
Champie

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:36 am

There's no need to be nasty, Deepsixed, he clearly stated he hasn't played in a long time. Possibly before the leanto steal mechanic went in.

If you haven't played in awhile, there's a ton of new content to explore. I'd start over with a new character anyway if I were you, but then I've always liked the new character experience. Otherwise, it's a bit dangerous to leave Providence on foot, but not prohibitively so. Take off into the wilderness and make yourself a new home. And be sure to set up a Pclaim for yourself as soon as you find a good location so you won't have as much chance of being looted.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Champie » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:13 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I'd start over with a new character anyway if I were you

Excellent advice! I also enjoy the early stage of the game and sometimes start a new character just to see what I can accomplish in the first few hours of game play.

Darwoth also mentioned something that all new players may find helpful in Salem:

Darwoth wrote:Your initial steps in the game are establishing yourself and learning how to be efficient in ways that work for you along with building infrastructure that will allow you to become even more efficient.

...in other games you "level up", in Salem you build a quality base and establish production. As I have told people many times over, your "main character" is not the avatar that you run around with, it is your primary base.

So, don't be afraid to create several characters (and at least 2 separate accounts) and explore the wilderness to find a nice place to start building your base :)
Champie

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities