KO and Stat Loss

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

KO and Stat Loss

Postby Shealladh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm on the edge of darkness and noticed a few odd things;

Firstly, unless it's changed, I am not getting stat losses when KO'd.

First time I went into edge of darkness, bitten by snake, KO'd no stat loss. Blood 10.0

So I then tried walking in as far as I could without a torch until I passed out, still no stat loss. Blood 11.0

And finally, when I was KO'd, because I'm close to edge of Darkness, I must port to Boston to recoupe my humours. After 5 teleport tries I made it to Boston, and again no stat loss.

Is this a bug, or has the stat losses been changed?
Shealladh

Re: KO and Stat Loss

Postby EnderWiggin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:10 pm

you should lose not stats, but proficiencies. And if you have proficiencies that are at default level (5), then loss might have tick on those, but you can't get lower than that, so no actual loss happened.
EnderWiggin

Postby Onionfighter » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:07 pm

It is possible that being knocked out by darkness does not lead to stat loss.
Onionfighter

Postby Zou » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:49 pm

I believe that the stat loss from KOing in darkness isn't working yet.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby Shealladh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:23 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:you should lose not stats, but proficiencies. And if you have proficiencies that are at default level (5), then loss might have tick on those, but you can't get lower than that, so no actual loss happened.

Sorry my bad, by Stats I meant Proficiencies.

Zou wrote:I believe that the stat loss from KOing in darkness isn't working yet.

I could have sworn that before the wipe, I had lost profociency levels.

Also I've noticed that the border to Darkness is not uniform along the Western Border. I have been in and out at a few places (while updating the map for grayrat, and there seems to be a few square differances where the affect kicks in.
Mind you, I am not using a torch or any other light while I am doing this. I wanted to map to the border and know where the effects takes place on your Humours.
Shealladh

Return to Bugs & Technicalities