New World Survey

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

New World Survey

Postby tarch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:08 pm

The New World Survey recipe says that "it marks where you are" but when i crafted the second one. It is still showing the same X spot as my homestead.
tarch

Re: New World Survey

Postby Forungi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:19 pm

tarch wrote:The New World Survey recipe says that "it marks where you are" but when i crafted the second one. It is still showing the same X spot as my homestead.

You need to travel quite far for the red X to actually visibly change location, so if you were relatively close to where you crafted the first one it would look as if it was on same spot in map.
Forungi

Postby tarch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:22 pm

Forungi wrote:
tarch wrote:The New World Survey recipe says that "it marks where you are" but when i crafted the second one. It is still showing the same X spot as my homestead.

You need to travel quite far for the red X to actually visibly change location, so if you were relatively close to where you crafted the first one it would look as if it was on same spot in map.

im quite sure it traveled far. maybe 5-10 mins of pure walking but the X is still on the same spot
tarch

Postby lachlaan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:39 pm

The survey is a map to the place you were when you crafted it. It will not update as you move farther, you need to make a new map to your current location. Compare maps and walk in the appropriate direction to get from point A to point B.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:39 pm

tarch wrote:
Forungi wrote:

im quite sure it traveled far. maybe 5-10 mins of pure walking but the X is still on the same spot

The map of Salem is quite large. Estimated at around 10 hours walking from one end to the other? Or running. Not sure which, but anyway, try turning on the run movement and going about 15 min away. You will see a difference slightly

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me I would he happy to help. (Click my name and Send Message)
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Dexibii » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:35 pm

If you would like to see a huge difference, craft one in Providence (Don't name in providence, actually craft it) and compare it to the one at home.
Dexibii

Return to Bugs & Technicalities