1.2.1 Cold Shoulder Bugs

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder Bugs

Postby Heffernan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:27 pm

shouldnt Wool Sweater since its being made out of 9x pure wool (and only purchasable for 900s) have a higher Thermal Value then 5?
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Fair point. Not a bug but will be changed next restart.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dexibii » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Are lit torches and miner hats not supposed to have any effect on thermal?
Dexibii

Postby Chrumps » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:28 pm

The current balance is way too harsh for new players. This is not exactly a bug but needs rebalancing.
I made a new char and raised it from scratch. While I somewhat enjoyed the "do not freeze" game it looks like a certain death for a new player.
There is a coldsnap on the noob island but without freezing effect, which is good at the moment.
On the mainland starting clothes provide little thermal value and a new character freezes very quickly. I did not even bother to build a house because time needed to get carpentry and build a hovel is far longer than time to freeze.
To survive I used one of Providence buildings and used hit and run tactics to get enough reeds to make jute clothes and enough grass to make haybales. Snake skins seem out of reach for a while.
Squatting Providence houses while having a leanto miles away does not fit the storyline very well.
Catching a squirrel is a PITA because of slowing effect. Only after getting hideworking and earmuffs I got enough flexibility to dare for a longer trips while still slowly freezing.

Conclusions:
- delay slowing effect at least until below 92 F (now it negates wander mode effect)
- noobs need a crappy method for unfreezing without having a house. Right clicking a fire and "using" it to unfreeze (at least partially) fits the storyline.
- building without a lit stove should provide less heat (unfreezing slower) and the building in Providence near the port needs a stove to be lit and used by noobs.
- optionally increase amount of reeds in noob island and add a step in the tutorial to craft jute pants. Spawning some cobwebs in logs/stumps would help too. Actually noob island could have a little lower temperature to justify crafting additional clothes.
Chrumps

Postby Dexibii » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Chrumps wrote:The current balance is way too harsh for new players. This is not exactly a bug but needs rebalancing.
I made a new char and raised it from scratch. While I somewhat enjoyed the "do not freeze" game it looks like a certain death for a new player.
There is a coldsnap on the noob island but without freezing effect, which is good at the moment.
On the mainland starting clothes provide little thermal value and a new character freezes very quickly. I did not even bother to build a house because time needed to get carpentry and build a hovel is far longer than time to freeze.
To survive I used one of Providence buildings and used hit and run tactics to get enough reeds to make jute clothes and enough grass to make haybales. Snake skins seem out of reach for a while.
Squatting Providence houses while having a leanto miles away does not fit the storyline very well.
Catching a squirrel is a PITA because of slowing effect. Only after getting hideworking and earmuffs I got enough flexibility to dare for a longer trips while still slowly freezing.

Conclusions:
- delay slowing effect at least until below 92 F (now it negates wander mode effect)
- noobs need a crappy method for unfreezing without having a house. Right clicking a fire and "using" it to unfreeze (at least partially) fits the storyline.
- building without a lit stove should provide less heat (unfreezing slower) and the building in Providence near the port needs a stove to be lit and used by noobs.
- optionally increase amount of reeds in noob island and add a step in the tutorial to craft jute pants. Spawning some cobwebs in logs/stumps would help too. Actually noob island could have a little lower temperature to justify crafting additional clothes.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18571

I mentioned that here as well, If you would like to see other people's opinions and how they focus on me being "stupid" click the link.
Dexibii

Postby lachlaan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:03 am

Regen stays halted until you reload, at least the one time i warmed up.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:50 pm

Dried fish that were left on the drying racks for a day or two reverted back to 0-1 gluttony values :| Also they seem horribly weak even for a nearly 2 kilo fish, poultry bits are better all around.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:53 pm

No icon for shellfish traps.#sadlife
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Heffernan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:29 pm

though id drop it here

Shepherds Pie is Baked in a Baking Oven rather then in a Stove or Cooking pot, but the unfinished product is "uncooked Shepherds Pie" shouldnt it be "Unbaked Shepherds Pie" ?
Heffernan

Postby Heffernan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:04 am

the item "Tenderfood Refresher" from the noob pack of the store does not have any description when hovering over it, can we have one for new players pls?
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities