Black screen after login

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Black screen after login

Postby black89hawk » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:30 pm

if any one use router to play salem you need to change router to new model I change the old one got new one TPlink black new model
black89hawk

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Oh dear god, I hope OP didn't take any advice from Deepsixed/Frakked and I am so sorry I've been busy this weekend with yard work and wasn't able to see any of this sooner and do damage control. I'm going to lock this thread now since it looks like the issue has been resolved as a connection problem. If you still need help, feel free to PM me and I'll unlock it and remove all the bad posts, or you can make a new thread.

In the future, please don't anyone tell anyone to do system restore, OS reinstallations, or any other software removals, reformats, or registry editing. Most of the time, these issues turn out to be something that can be fixed in the client or by reinstalling the client or Java, or changing some minor setting in the computer. Or it's a connection/network issue. We have several people here, including Kandarim, who have a great deal of experience with the clients and other possible problems, and they are not only very knowledgeable people, they are actually kind enough to help. Please, at least read a few of their threads of sage advice before you try to help.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Okay, unlocking topic because the OP is still having some troubles logging in.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Kandarim » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:27 pm

@OP: did it work with VPN, or did you not try that yet ? Weird thing is that, IIRC, the client should crash over not being able to connect to the resource server.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby dnicoproto » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:13 am

Kandarim wrote:@OP: did it work with VPN, or did you not try that yet ? Weird thing is that, IIRC, the client should crash over not being able to connect to the resource server.

It working with vpn, but it's laggy and I need to pay for that... Is there any other solution?
dnicoproto

Postby Ilkar » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:35 pm

I have had this issue a number of times i found the best and quickest way to get back in to the game is load another client like the original one login port home or to province then logout and move back to the preferred client and it loads fine.
Ilkar

Postby dnicoproto » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Ilkar wrote:I have had this issue a number of times i found the best and quickest way to get back in to the game is load another client like the original one login port home or to province then logout and move back to the preferred client and it loads fine.

Didn't solve the problem.
dnicoproto

Postby Kandarim » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:39 pm

well, given that the client works with a VPN, it indicates that the trouble is at your end. I'd look into your router (or contacting your ISP whether it is their fault). I don't think there's much we will be able to do.

FYI: the client maintains two connections to the server: one for the actual game (i.e. locations and the like) and one for the resources (graphics, meshes, ...). Some ISPs ( russia, china) don't let the second connection happen, resulting in this behaviour. Probably.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby cyko » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:33 pm

I faced this problem very often, on CenTOS 7 and Windows, and it is definitely ISP related.

I ran into it regulary with one particular ISP while with other ISPs it worked flawless.

However, since i've applied the "DNS workaround" a few days ago, every single login works.
That is only a first impression, I'll keep you informed when i've reached a more significant number of sucessfull logins.
Kocham Kuku \m/
cyko

Postby cyko » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm

I watched this now carefully since my last post.

I NEVER faced the problem again, after i applied the DNS-Workaround
http://salemwiki.info/index.php/DNS_problem_workaround

Sometimes I have to wait for roundabout one or two minutes, but it always suceeds.

So, if you're stucked with the problem, give the DNS-workaround a try.
Kocham Kuku \m/
cyko

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities