Key problem, lol

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Key problem, lol

Postby weirdg » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:23 am

Got home late, drunk and dropped the key. I'm sure some of you recognize the problem, lol.

Problem was I couldn't pick it up again

Ended up destroying the gate to gain entry again...
weirdg

Re: Key problem, lol

Postby Glennfinnan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Not a bug though I think. :)
Glennfinnan

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Glennfinnan wrote:Not a bug though I think. :)

No, definitely a bug. If a player drops something, it should be more than possible to bend over and pick an item back up. It's something to do with the bounding boxes of the character or the building in question. Maybe the item should be collectible even if the avatar bounding box can be placed over it, even if the item isn't directly under center.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:30 pm

I killed rabbit near cornerpost today and couldn't took it.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 pm

This really needs a fix. I am standing next to a feather now that is dropped next to my lean-to (due to inventory explosion) and can't pick it up.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby sabinati » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:05 pm

I agree, items should never fall where they would not be able to be picked up again.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Zou » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Doesn't it drop right underneath you. Assuming you accidentally control clicked it or something, it should be in a spot where you can get it.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Zou wrote:Doesn't it drop right underneath you. Assuming you accidentally control clicked it or something, it should be in a spot where you can get it.

That's the problem. They don't. They always seem to just up under the fence, forge, tree, etc. when you drop an item.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Onionfighter » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:52 am

Perhaps make it so that items that are not directly underneath you can be picked up.
Onionfighter

My character is touching its edge, but can't pick it up! D:

Postby ShadowTani » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:01 am

Onionfighter wrote:Perhaps make it so that items that are not directly underneath you can be picked up.

This!

It's the same mechanism that prevents you from picking up an item that has spawned near a hill edge. Which I certainly hope is not intentional. I know it makes sense not being able to pick stuff up while focused on wall-hugging along a hill area, but some of these items would be really easy to pick up if you could pick up things directly next to you and not just when you are basically standing on it. @_@ It doesn't make sense why you can't pick up an item not even a pixel away from you, lol.

If it requires scanning for a tiny radius around the character then I can deal with it requiring an extra pick up command and maybe even a tech, but it should be possible in some way and form to pick up some of these items directly next to you that are still apparently out of your reach at the moment.
ShadowTani

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities