Key problem, lol

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: My character is touching its edge, but can't pick it up!

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:51 pm

ShadowTani wrote:It's the same mechanism that prevents you from picking up an item that has spawned near a hill edge. Which I certainly hope is not intentional. I know it makes sense not being able to pick stuff up while focused on wall-hugging along a hill area,...

Actually, you mention why it's not possible for some items near cliffs. Some of those items would otherwise be collectible if the character didn't automatically approach the cliff and enter climbing mode.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: Key problem, lol

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Smelters have an aggressive hit box as well. Reported that one pre-commercial beta though.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Re: Key problem, lol

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:01 pm

It will probably be a shorter list to identify the objects that don't have this problem... and at this point, the list has zero entries.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities