Help, Help, My Livestock Died!

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Help, Help, My Livestock Died!

Postby rustles » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Nagualcina wrote:To try to speculate pedigree a bit from experience of 8+. JC said:

What i cant find out is feeding mechanic, do they approach wrough when they eating or its enough to be in range. If they need physical acces then i will be able to separate them with wrough per animal and test Metabolisam bar which wil separate vulnerability bar if my bought animal theory is right.

They don't approach the trough. They eat only if they are within range of it's radius. They don't need physical access, you can put the troughs on the other side of their fences if you want.
rustles

Postby Nagualcina » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:43 pm

rustles wrote:
Nagualcina wrote:To try to speculate pedigree a bit from experience of 8+. JC said:

What i cant find out is feeding mechanic, do they approach wrough when they eating or its enough to be in range. If they need physical acces then i will be able to separate them with wrough per animal and test Metabolisam bar which wil separate vulnerability bar if my bought animal theory is right.

They don't approach the trough. They eat only if they are within range of it's radius. They don't need physical access, you can put the troughs on the other side of their fences if you want.

Great ty, i checked post to ask JC exactly this. Still not sure how i feed them traits food, by thowing in trough or feeding the directly? We are advancing in knowledge...B)

Also i belive that we should be able to craft lubricants instead of gathering only. Hence the way we applie suppositories, recipe might look like sharpened stick+stringy sinew+lard+any berries (for flavor)...B)
Nagualcina

Postby lachlaan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Nagualcina wrote:Also i belive that we should be able to craft lubricants instead of gathering only. Hence the way we applie suppositories, recipe might look like sharpened stick+stringy sinew+lard+any berries (for flavor)...B)

Rofl, very creative, sadly my mind went straight to trying to picture what the reasoning behind all of the ingredients would be. Sounds quite cruel, i think the animals might prefer a little suppository, even unlubricated, to the alternative you offer : shoving it in with a stick then tugging on stringy sinew to retract the stick, while leaving their rear covered in lard and smelling refreshingly like berries? xDD Oh god, too much.

Also what do you mean by "traits food" ?
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Nagualcina » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 pm

lachlaan wrote:Rofl, very creative, sadly my mind went straight to trying to picture what the reasoning behind all of the ingredients would be. Sounds quite cruel, i think the animals might prefer a little suppository, even unlubricated, to the alternative you offer : shoving it in with a stick then tugging on stringy sinew to retract the stick, while leaving their rear covered in lard and smelling refreshingly like berries? xDD Oh god, too much.

I`m suggesting recipe for lubricant, not suppository and they don`t need to see preparation..>B)

lachlaan wrote:Also what do you mean by "traits food" ?

Code: Select all
[quote="JohnCarver"]...
#3:  Either way, since they are adults and as you pointed out you cannot play with them then I suggest you feed them treats.  Goats like Indian corn and feeding them some Indian Corn should make them much happier...[/quote]
Nagualcina

Postby lachlaan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Oh treats, yeah, you just feed those directly. Pick up indian corn, right click on goat, profit :D
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:24 pm

lachlaan wrote:Oh treats, yeah, you just feed those directly. Pick up indian corn, right click on goat, profit :D

Indeed
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby KruskDaMangled » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:05 pm

I can only assume that some animals might like things like acorns, or whatever the hell Sheep like?

(I've had relatives and neighbors with lots of animals, but not Sheep. I truly have no intuitive idea what they like. I have this idea pigs would like acorns and mushrooms, but who knows?)
KruskDaMangled

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:08 pm

The treats are:

Walnuts,
Four Leaf Clovers
Indian Corn
Wild Oats

I'll let y'all figure out which animals like which.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby pilgrim » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:22 pm

knew i should have waited before trying hundreds of different items....
BTW i had them all figured out too
While we are on it. before i search the lands any more for walnut trees in pompham are there any or are we stuck searching duff?
pilgrim

Postby Nagualcina » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:55 pm

JohnCarver wrote:The treats are:

Walnuts,
Four Leaf Clovers
Indian Corn
Wild Oats

I'll let y'all figure out which animals like which.

So goats <3 corn, speculating: sheeps <3 clover, pigs <3 wallnut, cows <3 oats...B)
Nagualcina

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities