Help, Help, My Livestock Died!

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Help, Help, My Livestock Died!

Postby grapefruitv » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Some of our pigs seem to be dying for no apparent reason. Pretty much every 2-3 days I find one adult pig dead.
At first I thought they were getting sick and die over night (8-10 hours max seemed a bit too soon for sickness to kill them, but whatever, Salem can be harsh).
One of them had 5 longevity, so I thought maybe it was it's time. We killed all the other animals with same-ish longevity, so there's no way to check.
The one I found dead recently died soon after giving birth, so I thought maybe they can't procreate too often without their health being affected or maybe it is just a random thing that can happen.
I also had "not enough food" theory, but there is always some food and adult animals are locked up with food throughs, so it is unlikely they have any trouble reaching it.
But the last one I found just few minutes ago and I am 100% certain it was not sick, because I just checked on all the animals not so long ago. It had 30+ longevity, food through under her nose and no signs of sickness.
We also keep temperament of all animals close to 0.
What could be the case?
Am I missing something or are there any sudden death bugs still present?

Here are stats of two most recent ones if that helps:

grapefruitv

Postby lachlaan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:27 am

Do you check for sickness the paranoid way, like we used to do when the animation was bugged? As in try to apply cure regardless of animation and see if the char attempts to move to the animal. I had a friend tell me of a similarly mysterious pig death and was wondering if the animation issue was back.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby grapefruitv » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 am

lachlaan wrote:Do you check for sickness the paranoid way, like we used to do when the animation was bugged? As in try to apply cure regardless of animation and see if the char attempts to move to the animal. I had a friend tell me of a similarly mysterious pig death and was wondering if the animation issue was back.

I do sometimes, but possibly not often enough. Do that once every 2-4 days.
grapefruitv

Postby nosfirebird » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 pm

had a baby sheep die randomly wasnt sick check every night next morning it was dead and the 2 others had turned male
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:43 am

Please let me know if we still have an animation issue here. Lusewing is correct if the animal is not sick you will get a session error when trying to apply the medication to it. So please use that method. If you have an animal that is not showing the animation but WILL take the suppository feel free to reach out and I'll try to investigate. If you don't hear back from me in half a day or so though may be best to just cure your animal to be safe.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Chrumps » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:49 am

I can confirm the problem with animations. I had similar case a few days ago. I detected the problem because the animal had non-zero temperament and refused to take treats. Applying a suppository solved the problem, even if animal was not showing any other signs of illness.

I can add that I had an opposite case recently, when an animal was still showing illness animation after applying a cure and refused to take another cure. Exiting and re-entering the barn did not update the animation. The animation was updated when the animal tried to move.
Chrumps

Postby Chrumps » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:27 am

If your recent minipatch was aimed at disease animation problem I can confirm I have a sick animal which is showing normal animation. It showed sick animation when I saw it first time (after the patch) and normal animation when I exited and re-entered the barn after a while. And yes, it would accept a suppository now.

If I am to keep him in that state until you investigate, how long can I wait safely ? I have suppository ready. It is a white ram if you decide to investigate.
Chrumps

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Yes it seems this animation is still problematic. Will investigate.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 pm

I got the same bug,
1. noticed diseased sheep
2. exited the barn
3. enter the barn and check if other medicines would do but not fully use them just stop the counter at 60% or so
4 exit barn
5 enter barn
6 exit barn
7 enter barn
8 sheep looks not diseased anymore lol
she could still take medicine tho, so the bug is purely in the animation
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:58 am

Nikixos wrote:I got the same bug,
1. noticed diseased sheep
2. exited the barn
3. enter the barn and check if other medicines would do but not fully use them just stop the counter at 60% or so
4 exit barn
5 enter barn
6 exit barn
7 enter barn
8 sheep looks not diseased anymore lol
she could still take medicine tho, so the bug is purely in the animation

Indeed. This should all be resolved in sundays patch. I got to the bottom of it.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities