Help, Help, My Livestock Died!

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Help, Help, My Livestock Died!

Postby NordErdTod » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:59 pm

I got to learn how to butcher a pig when I got the skill pharmacology formal. I got recipes for pig parts.
NordErdTod

Postby rustles » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Yes wrote:Has anyone experienced bugs with butchering animals? Is it common that a skilful butcher can't get a single item when butchering an animal?

You might lack the skill to butcher those specific animals. I think you need to learn the ability for each animal to butcher them(like pig keeping, sheep herding, etc)
rustles

Postby Bjebr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:18 am

Yes wrote:Has anyone experienced bugs with butchering animals? Is it common that a skilful butcher can't get a single item when butchering an animal?

John Carver said once (here) that one of the bar is representating "Size (How much Meat come off them)" : so if this specific animal have a very very low "size" bar , it could be working-as-intended.

Bjebr
Bjebr

Postby rustles » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Bjebr wrote:

John Carver said once (here) that one of the bar is representating "Size (How much Meat come off them)" : so if this specific animal have a very very low "size" bar , it could be working-as-intended.

Bjebr

I assumed those bars were like haven's animal system. I just wish they would give us hints as to what they mean. It will take us ages to figure it out. Seeing how long it takes to breed animals, we might not even know if the mechanics work they way they should for several months.
rustles

Postby lachlaan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 pm

Not necessarily a case of an animal dying, but if I understand the mechanics correct and male animals gain temperament each time they eat, then one of my bulls is anorexic, and I worry it'll die horribly soon as it hasn't eaten in the 2+ days it's been mature. (or at least hasn't gained temperament, either way something seems buggy )

Edit1: Will throw info in this post as just general feedback, hopefully to let you guys test if beast behaviour is in line with intended coded behaviour (and how you imagined it'd play out)

Come winter, my beasts with high green bar are rolling sick about each time they eat, and so I've decided the only way forward is to breed a species of wolverine cows :(

They are 71, 55, and 80 green bar atm, so tough job in terms of breeding, but between the three of them they got sick 9 times in the past 29 hours. (dem spreadsheets)

Two have a fairly high metabolism as well, so I guess that's an issue, but seeing them roll successful sickness constantly is depressing.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Yes » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Is it meant to be that when animals grow up they lose their name? Or does the secret mechanic of branding come to play here?
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby Nagualcina » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:16 am

To try to speculate pedigree a bit from experience of 8+. JC said:

Code: Select all
Good Traits are

Longevity (How Long Until they die)
Productivity (How much milk a cow has, how much wool a sheep has etc.)
Size (How much Meat come off them)

Bad Traits are
Ornery (How easily they are upset and angered)
Vulnerability (How easily they become sick)
Metabolism (How quickly they need their next feeding).

So, since i didnt manage to breed anything so far i presume that bought animals have good traits low and bad traits high. Here are pedigrees of my animals:

They getting sick like mad so i was forced to rationalize on lubricant ang pushed raw suppositorys into one with already high temerament. But in general Gara the kid have mild temper and shes not upseting to much as her temerament show, it even decreasing by iteslf. As first three bars (red, green, yellow) are genraly high on all of them and other 3 (orange, blue, violet) generaly low i presume that first 3 are "bad traits" and opposite. Gara the kid have red bar lowest of all of them and she maintain temperament best of them so i assumming that red bar represent Ornery. From other animals i had but they died and Rambo example (only survived adult sheep) i belive that blue bar represent productivity since Rambo gave 3x2 wools so far, other sheeps were givin one each and they had lower blue bar.

When Gara the lamb get mature i might confirm this. Testing for other traits require more complex model but will work on it when we get animals in Providence, but everyone is welcome to develope viable methods of exerimenting and publish them...B)

What i cant find out is feeding mechanic, do they approach wrough when they eating or its enough to be in range. If they need physical acces then i will be able to separate them with wrough per animal and test Metabolisam bar which wil separate vulnerability bar if my bought animal theory is right.

Also speculating that yellow bar can be either metabolisam or vulnerability since its prety equilaized.
Nagualcina

Postby lachlaan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:55 am

JC posted somewhere in here or one of the other threads that green is the vulnerability bar, so yellow seems to be metabolism.

I can agree that blue seems to be productivity, and at least for cows it seems to work in increments of 10 points. With a full 10 points yielding 0.1liters of milk. Sadly my 48 productivity cow only yields 0.4l thanks to that. I was just guesstimating that orange is size and purple is longevity, but can only figure that out once I mess up and let some critters die, which is hopefully not soon (hope they die of old age)
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:53 am

lachlaan wrote:JC posted somewhere in here or one of the other threads that green is the vulnerability bar, so yellow seems to be metabolism.

I can agree that blue seems to be productivity, and at least for cows it seems to work in increments of 10 points. With a full 10 points yielding 0.1liters of milk. Sadly my 48 productivity cow only yields 0.4l thanks to that. I was just guesstimating that orange is size and purple is longevity, but can only figure that out once I mess up and let some critters die, which is hopefully not soon (hope they die of old age)

This is pretty much spot on. I"ll try to address the other animal issues in a bit.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:06 pm

While you're investigating, could you confirm that cow-less bulls, or bulls in general gain temperament as a fraction of their ornery bar each time they eat? Because (and i will hate myself for saying this) but i said before, either one of my bulls isn't gaining temperament properly or the other is gaining it wrongfully :p i sadly suspect it to be the forner.
lachlaan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities