Computer freezes

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Computer freezes

Postby Oreillologue » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Ok here's my problem: the computer freezes and I have to restart it. I see either a big cursor when this happens or no cursor.

I think it's a problem with java, I tried every version (32 and 64) and updating it. I also used three clients: BD, ender and the regular one. I get these crashes everytime. My computer can run most games at optimal graphics. If anyone has suggestions to solve this, it would be great =). Also, when I crash, I obviously can't see the crash report.

By the way, I love this game.

Thank you!
Oreillologue

Re: Computer freezes

Postby Zou » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Does your computer freeze when you start the client? When you try to log in? When you click play?
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby Oreillologue » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:47 pm

It can freeze at any moment while playing. Sometimes, I play for more than 60 minutes, others only 3-4...

I have no problem connecting.
Oreillologue

Postby loftar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 am

If your entire system freezes, then it's clearly not a problem with Java. :)

I can't say I know what the problem is, though. If you can run other games at optimal graphics settings, it seems unlikely to be a cooling problem (which would otherwise be my initial guess), but it's not entirely impossible either (the client might unwittingly use parts of your GPU that other games, for whatever reason, don't), so you might want to check the GPU temperature with some monitoring tool. It might also be a driver bug, so you may want to try upgrading your graphics drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer.
loftar

Postby Oreillologue » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 am

My problem is solved!

My video card is a radeon HD 6900 and i'm not the only one with this problem. You were right loftar, I visited some forums before reading your post and they were talking about High GPU temp. My graphic card drivers were updated but I had to update catalyst. Now everything is working fine =D.

Thanks a lot!!
Oreillologue

Return to Bugs & Technicalities