Teleport bug

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Teleport bug

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:27 am

sorry about that.

anyways, loftar, if this teleport=>loading issue is from the same root as this one, why do you think most of them have no issue teleporting to boston? that is why i had always thought they were different issues.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:48 am

Maybe because area around Boston is relatively flat, and thus has good compression ratio, making map update packets smaller.
EnderWiggin

Postby Pygoz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I can play the game flawlessly without this TP bug when I play over a German VPN so it's definitely something with the ISP blocking something.
Just letting you guys know I hope you can fix it some day :) for now I can play again.
Pygoz

Postby Gmugra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 pm

I am also having same problem. Any kind of TP (to Boston, to home, as result of death, inside house) = login screen.
I did a lot of tests and can definitely say that reason not in Salem client(I tried all of them), java version (6 or 7), hardware (I have 4 boxes at home) or security related soft.
My ISP it German biggest T-Online( I have VDSL) and Salem is only one peace of soft which has so mystical problem...
Gmugra

Postby Gmugra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 am

A lot of thanx to Pygoz for the hint.
VPN helps. I installed CyperGhost client ( http://cyberghostvpn.com/ ) and it helps 100%.
Moreover initial loading of Salem (you know, that famous black screen with "Loading..." ) is going much faster now.
So, it is far from ideal solution sure, but better than nothing.
Gmugra

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities