They Might be Typos Thread

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

They Might be Typos Thread

Postby pistolshrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:05 pm

I don't really care much about typos. Hell, this post probably has several of them. And I hate pointing them out. But this is the thread for being that guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here goes:

There is a double Quotation Mark at the begining of the quote in Iron Amalgamation.

Tasteful Gemcutting has B.C.E instead of BC. Not a big deal, I personally like BCE better, but it seems to be the only Skill with it, so I thought I'd point it out.

Mineral Sifting, has parentheses around date, again not a big deal, but is the only Skill I've seen like that. Also within the explaination text the skill refers to itself as "Gem Sifting" rather than Mineral Sifting.
pistolshrimp

Re: They Might be Typos Thread

Postby Argentis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:30 pm

Personally for the B.C.E and B.C thingy I think B.C would be more accurate to the historical period as the appellation B.C.E is fairly recent.
You should create historical accuracy thread too pistolshrimp ;p.
Argentis

Postby pistolshrimp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 am

Argentis wrote:You should create historical accuracy thread too pistolshrimp ;p.

Don't get me started. I'm probably the only person who cringes when they get a jalapeno.
pistolshrimp

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 am

Fix'd.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:54 am

Argentis wrote:You should create historical accuracy thread too pistolshrimp ;p.

like metal baskets that shoot coal balls at enemies approaching your walls?
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:07 am

That happened.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby hitori » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:09 am

Heffernan wrote:like metal baskets that shoot coal balls at enemies approaching your walls?

seems legit
hitori

Postby Argentis » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:25 am

Heffernan wrote:

like metal baskets that shoot coal balls at enemies approaching your walls?

Real thing. We lost the technology that's all ¦]
Argentis

Postby agentlemanloser » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Pistolshrimp is a pedant. Also, the skill description for Waste states, "Waste stands out as a particularly egregious assault upon the good moral character and fiber of His Majesties colonies." "Majesties" is the plural form of "Majesty" rather than the appropriate possessive, "Majesty's." Drops mic. Wait. Picks up mic. Furthermore, the description states, "Unto those unconcerned with His Majesty Waste grants the ability . . ." The lack of a comma between the introductory element "Unto those unconcerned with His Majesty" makes the sentence sound vaguely fecal, so I would recommend the following: "Unto those unconcerned with His Majesty's will, Waste grants the ability to destroy Homesteaded property." Redrops freshly broken mic.

I recommend a hat with two apostrophes on it for myself and a sharpened apostrophe for Pistolshrimp to use as a weapon.
agentlemanloser

Postby pistolshrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Leonard78 wrote:Also there is a typo as you can see - Furance instead of Furnace.

pistolshrimp

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities