[Technicality] Bowling Bear Hunting

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

[Technicality] Bowling Bear Hunting

Postby Sevenless » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:30 pm

In the traditional style of HnH, bears can be aggroed on an alt and used to smash things (in this case animals). Wander around the bear until it aggros, then run in the direction of what you want to kill. When the target is in sight, dodge the bears attacks to get them to aggro the other animal (or let it ko you and wait). This also creates dead bears for harvesting.

Due to homestead teleport, this is very easy to accomplish. I'm completely unsure of how to rework the system to prevent this, but it makes "hunting" easily possible due to animal concentration around jorb stains (gametrails) in forests.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Re: [Technicality] Bowling Bear Hunting

Postby APXEOLOG » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Don't they cast Fear? I got Fear in my only fight with bearm i thought they cast it every time...
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:14 am

APXEOLOG wrote:Don't they cast Fear? I got Fear in my only fight with bearm i thought they cast it every time...

Both deer and bear apparently cast a black bile draining ability. A 5 stat alt can easily handle the effect though.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:58 am

Sevenless wrote:Both deer and bear apparently cast a black bile draining ability. A 5 stat alt can easily handle the effect though.

So the solution is simple - cast fear every time and increase it's influence.
APXEOLOG

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:42 am

APXEOLOG wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Both deer and bear apparently cast a black bile draining ability. A 5 stat alt can easily handle the effect though.

So the solution is simple - cast fear every time and increase it's influence.

True, but it wouldn't be hard to grind 20 BB on said alt. And any fear effect that can kill a 20bb alt that quickly will make solo hunting bears a very high level activity.
Sevenless

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:52 am

Sevenless wrote:True, but it wouldn't be hard to grind 20 BB on said alt. And any fear effect that can kill a 20bb alt that quickly will make solo hunting bears a very high level activity.

I think bears definetly should be very dangerous. What's a reason to add 5 kinds of animals if they are killed in a same way on 2nd day after wipe? I think bears should be more rare and more dangerous, but ofc more pricable.
APXEOLOG

Postby Droj » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Is the fear affect based on your current black bile level or the max?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Return to Bugs & Technicalities