Mouse hotkeys issue on Salem

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Mouse hotkeys issue on Salem

Postby shizuka » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:03 am

also, on the game i played before, it was a moba game so lots of ppl were using a gamer mouse to be faster, and there u could assign a hotkey to an action, so i could change my mouse hotkeys directly in game. In salem for some reason its the other way around, ur given a hotkey and u gotta assign an action to it which is somehow different, and i wonder whether that could be the real issue for me? for example, i could go to the settings while in game and near 'use slot 1" (inventory) i could directly click any hotkey on my mouse and it would be assigned to the action, razer synapse or any exterior program wasnt even necessary. What im saying right now might not make sens at all but it made everything way more simple for me and right now i feel stuck, and i dont understand how using another program to fix it might help. I need to make eacvh number from 1 to 6 correspond to the actual 1 to 6 on my keyboard in game and i got no clue how to execute that if thats even possible in the end on salem

aha :(
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby majtejn » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 am

In autohotkey the two usual mouse buttons are XButton1 and XButton2.
For the other six you could use the method described here: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm
Look in the special keys section.
majtejn

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:36 am

I have a SNES controller rigged up to control Salem so I'm sure you can get a mouse with a few extra keys to work.
You are just going to have to get to know your software better, worse case scenario there should be a way to turn a control profile on manually.
DarkNacht

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:00 pm

First, Salem works more like most other MMOs, and not like MOBAs. MOBAs are more like RTS/FPS games in that major actions have keys mapped directly to that action. In typical MMOs, actions need to be placed on a bar of hotkeys before it can be easily accessed, mostly due to the sheer volume of variety needed. Salem went with a combination of the "Starcraft menu" (typical of RTS games, term used by the original game devs) and a button bar so that commonly used commands could be easily mapped to '1'-'0'. (More keys if you use a modded client). You also have up to 10 different bar layouts available at a time, so it is possible to swap to a bar and press a key with a single click or combination of clicks/key presses. (That said, you could potentially access anything in the grid menu the same way.)

I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I'm not even close to familiar with Razer's scripting possibilities. You should check out their forums, as you'll be more likely to find experts on the software there. As far as AutoHotKey, I've only played with it a little, but it is very powerful. Scripts have been made for more than a variety of games with it both for keypunching and for automation of tasks in the game. I can guarantee you that no matter what peripheral you are using, you can create a script in AHK to map a function to a key/button on it.

DarkNacht wrote:I have a SNES controller rigged up to control Salem so I'm sure you can get a mouse with a few extra keys to work.
You are just going to have to get to know your software better, worse case scenario there should be a way to turn a control profile on manually.

Why? just.... why?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities