Character Equipment:
Farmer's Hat
Priestly Robes
Axe
Spanish Sabre
Snakeskin Coat/Belt/Boots
Backpack

Details:
I won't crash any other time, but it seems 1/2 the time when I try to fight a Beaver or a Cricket, the game will just disappear. Then I have to end the java process wait about 30 seconds to a min to log back in cause the game registers I'm still logged in. I've been avoiding fighting Beavers cause I keep logging in knocked out, but the Beaver will have had disappeared when I do log back in. Same happens with Crickets unless I've one shotted them.

I have tried removing the Axe just to see if it was an two hand equip thing, but still crashed on the Beaver. Didn't try on the Cricket. I also tried various levels of humors but I still tend to crash when just fighting Beavers. Crickets have gotten a bit better, but only if I fight them right after I log in. If I do other things then engage I tend to crash. Never crashed on fighting a Rabbit. I've tried on the normal Client and Ender.
Shoi

Re: Fighting Bug Report

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:13 pm

To quickly get back in, open up Task Manager and kill the javaw.exe process. It doesn't always terminate properly.

As far as the crash, make sure to post any reports. Loftar gets reports for the default client as long as the client code is what is crashing (vs the Java VM crashing... should get a big error log with that with a bunch of hex code and .dlls.) We don't see those reports and sometimes it's something obvious we can help you figure out on your machine.

What options do you have enabled in the game? What options do you have enabled for OpenGL on your video card (some might be causing crashes)?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Shoi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:23 pm

MagicManICT wrote:To quickly get back in, open up Task Manager and kill the javaw.exe process. It doesn't always terminate properly.

As far as the crash, make sure to post any reports. Loftar gets reports for the default client as long as the client code is what is crashing (vs the Java VM crashing... should get a big error log with that with a bunch of hex code and .dlls.) We don't see those reports and sometimes it's something obvious we can help you figure out on your machine.

What options do you have enabled in the game? What options do you have enabled for OpenGL on your video card (some might be causing crashes)?

On the normal client I just use the standard settings, I don't use shadows hardly ever since I'm to lazy to toggle them on every time I log in. And I haven't touched my OpenGL at all, it's all just standard. It's the only crashing issue I've been having with the game.
Shoi

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:59 am

But you forgot to post the bug report. We can't suggest anything if we don't know what is bugging out.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs & Technicalities