Lost everything after log in [Popham]

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Lost everything after log in [Popham]

Postby AdrianusFraxinus » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:24 am

I logged out for 4 hours, when I came back I found a naked char with no homestead, nothing. I had some gear, a leanto with to baskets inside. I lost even the money I had on the char. Is it a bug? It doesn't make any sense :(
AdrianusFraxinus

Re: Lost everything after log in [Popham]

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:25 pm

AdrianusFraxinus wrote:I logged out for 4 hours, when I came back I found a naked char with no homestead, nothing. I had some gear, a leanto with to baskets inside. I lost even the money I had on the char. Is it a bug? It doesn't make any sense :(

Someone either stole from you or destroyed your leanto.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby AdrianusFraxinus » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:27 pm

How about the gear I had on the char? Does it go away if the leanto is destroyed? Or it goes away if the leafy bed is destroyed?
AdrianusFraxinus

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Someone stole the gear on your char.
They can do that by right clicking your leanto with larceny.
Rifmaster

Postby Judaism » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Don't play on Popham, is not the place for noobs.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:39 pm

AdrianusFraxinus wrote:How about the gear I had on the char? Does it go away if the leanto is destroyed? Or it goes away if the leafy bed is destroyed?

If they killed the leanto all your gear will drop to the ground. It also could of been stolen.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby AdrianusFraxinus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:24 am

Dallane wrote:
AdrianusFraxinus wrote:How about the gear I had on the char? Does it go away if the leanto is destroyed? Or it goes away if the leafy bed is destroyed?

If they killed the leanto all your gear will drop to the ground. It also could of been stolen.

that sounds very intuitive, really :lol: I'm sorry but if it's intended that way, it does not make any sense to me. burn my house, then wherever I may actually be, I lose everything on me also. Is that part of that wonderful mechanic that was supposed to prevent lots of un-settled chars with stuff on them for storage? 'cause it's working wonderfully
AdrianusFraxinus

Postby Nikixos » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:35 am

AdrianusFraxinus wrote:that sounds very intuitive, really :lol: I'm sorry but if it's intended that way, it does not make any sense to me. burn my house, then wherever I may actually be, I lose everything on me also. Is that part of that wonderful mechanic that was supposed to prevent lots of un-settled chars with stuff on them for storage? 'cause it's working wonderfully

Yup it works as intended lol.
As said above, don't play popham, people there is expected to know the full mechanics of the game and that you must have a claim stake on day one if you don't want your **** looted...
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby alprice » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 am

It happens on both servers. The mechanic is unfair IMO. Your thread is one of many asking the same thing. Sorry for your loss. If you can survive long enough to make a hidden base or join a group then it will be better.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby AdrianusFraxinus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:47 pm

alprice wrote:It happens on both servers. The mechanic is unfair IMO. Your thread is one of many asking the same thing. Sorry for your loss. If you can survive long enough to make a hidden base or join a group then it will be better.

It surely is unfair, although I understand the reasons for it. I can surely survive, I just never realized this could happen, I could've spent those 150 for a claim stone, as I had more than that on me. I was just searching for a better place, this expedition is very scarce on lime. The world is much smaller on Popham, and the chances your leanto gets hit are much higher.
AdrianusFraxinus

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities