Missing on hand item after update

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Missing on hand item after update

Postby Evillordbane » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:27 am

After today's update, one of my characters (Lady Bane) was missing the metal shovel that was an equipped item she was using at the time. After the update, she had no items in hand (it was in her hands before the update) and it is missing from her inventory (the only missing item).
Evillordbane

Re: Missing on hand item after update

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:36 am

Maybe you had your inventory full?

You might want to look for the patch warning threads when there's one to be released.

November Patch Warnings
JerrySpringer

Postby Evillordbane » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:51 am

Yes, that's exactly what happened. This sucks, and I'm sure nothing will be done about it. I can see now why there are practically no players in this game anymore. They should have given some better warning of this if they knew it was going to be a problem. An in game announcement before the server went down would have been a lot more helpful than to hope your players read a forum message. This game is worth exactly every penny I paid to pay it, which is zero.
Evillordbane

Postby Lusewing » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:02 am

If losing a shovel can milk this many tears then just wait till you get into the real meat of the game. You might want to try something a little more forgiving like Minecraft or Farmville.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Evillordbane » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:39 am

Lusewing wrote:If losing a shovel can milk this many tears then just wait till you get into the real meat of the game. You might want to try something a little more forgiving like Minecraft or Farmville.

I can give a flying crap about a shovel. This is about taking responsibility. They use the in game system wide announcements when there is a special event that only effects a few players, so why not for this? If they KNEW it was going to be a problem, they should have done more than posting it on some obscure forum and vaguely hope people read it. They should have used the in game system wide announcement to give better warning, since it effected everyone playing the game. it's the least they could have done to insure everyone got the message, but no, it didn't happen. This is the equivalent of phoning it in. I can an see now why this game is dying the way it is, with it's lagging and crashing at a 9% server load, constant texture flashing bugs that never go away, and this.
Evillordbane

Postby Lusewing » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:44 am

They gave us weeks in advance notice, if you can't be bothered to read the OFFICAL forums thats your problem.

Oh and the game is actually going from strenght to strength. Every week the server log ins are increasing and you only have to see from the events that they are becoming larger. Im not sure how this equals dying.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Nictos » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:00 am

I can actually see where you're coming from with this. There should be an ingame announcement board planted in Boston for players who don't bother with the forums to see. Or at least a one-time announcement for everyone who logs in. Regardless, the game is currently in alpha/beta and things like this will happen frequently so its best to check the forums regularly.
MarpTarpton wrote: If you need your nipples tweaked to make something look great, who's to challenge you?

John Carver wrote:Franklin 8:25
Time moves at that which Franklin moves, any 'speed' one is to interpret is relative to that of the 'holy pace'
Nictos

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:11 am

Oh Hai There!

Glad you failed to read the official forums and warning for weeks, but then managed to come on here and tear yourself all over the place. I appreciate your tears and have rewarded you for your actions accordingly.

ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:15 am

JohnCarver wrote:Oh Hai There!

Glad you failed to read the official forums and warning for weeks, but then managed to come on here and tear yourself all over the place. I appreciate your tears and have rewarded you for your actions accordingly.

JC you can't really expect people to all read the forums. There was a good point in this thread about also posting a warning in game.
RonPaulFTW

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:23 am

RonPaulFTW wrote:
JC you can't really expect people to all read the forums. There was a good point in this thread about also posting a warning in game.

I can expect anybody who wants to know what ways the game is changing and how it will effect their character to read the official game forums.

I will not spam in-game to accommodate those too lazy, ignorant or indifferent to read the announcement section.

If you don't care enough about your character to spend 5 minutes, once a month, to familiarize yourself with the changes on the horizon, then I don't see why you should be immune to the effects of a patch.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Next

Return to City upon a Hill