Mouse hotkeys issue on Salem

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Mouse hotkeys issue on Salem

Postby shizuka » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 am

Hello,

So basically, I'm using a RAZER NAGA HEX mouse, which has 6 integrated hokteys on it, and i'd like to use it on Salem. Problem is I have no clue how to set those hotkeys here, I'm using Latikai client.

Thank you for your help
Last edited by shizuka on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Re: Mouse hotkeys issue on Salem

Postby Kandarim » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm

I guess it would be possible code-wise, but I have no gamer mouse myself, and have no clue how hard/easy it is to do in java.
The implementation as-is uses the KeyEvent and its VK_* declared constants you can find here. I'm not spotting anything mouse-related.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Dunce hat has no artifice slots and can't be unequipped, so it's a pretty big nerf to your character. But if you still really want one, just annoy JohnCarver.
Potjeh

Postby Kandarim » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:40 pm

just calling him John Carter for a while might do the trick.

You didn't hear this from me
Kandarim
Customer

Postby shizuka » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:42 am

Thank you very much for replying so fast Kandarim.

I think I very obviously didnt express myself clearly. So I'm gna try to put it the best I can: I basically use RAZER synapse to create a profile, assign hotkeys to the mouse buttons. Every time I play a video game I'm gna select one saved previously.

After i create a hotkeys selection specifically for Salem, still in the Razer synapse, I am asked to assign a program to it, so that it gets activated, but when i browse then for Salem I don't find nothing, files are empty, nth appears on my screen as program to select for the game Salem.

In short, I dont think it has anythign to do with java since u mentioned it before, its just an informatic issue but im like so bad at computers like so helpless sorry :oops:

Thankyouthankyouthankyou
Last edited by shizuka on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:12 am

When you launch a Java program from Java Web Start, it's cached like a web page, not installed to the computer like a normal program. You can find where it is cached at and should be able to do what you describe, but there's no guarantee that the main .jar will remain in the same location or have the same name.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Kandarim » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 am

MagicManICT wrote:When you launch a Java program from Java Web Start, it's cached like a web page, not installed to the computer like a normal program. You can find where it is cached at and should be able to do what you describe, but there's no guarantee that the main .jar will remain in the same location or have the same name.

that said, it might work with custom clients which are always downloaded to C:\Users\<name>\Salem\bin
Or, depending how it works, you might just need to point it at the java executable (which seems more logical to me). This should be in C:\Program Files\Java\<version>\bin\java(w).exe

I have zilch experience with this kind of stuff though
Kandarim
Customer

Postby shizuka » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 am

Hello,

Magic i'm not sure how to actually do what u asked me to, as i said im like super bad with computers, i understand what ur asking but no clue how to execute that.
Kandarim, i did exaclty what you said, and nth happens at all in game.
Now i might have done it wrong or smth, so i joined a screenshot, you tell me if u see anything

Thank you
Last edited by shizuka on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth wrote:
shizuka

Postby majtejn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:18 am

You should use Autohotkey, then you can remap every key on your mouse, even specifically for one window.
I have gamer mouse too, I use the two plus keys to pick up with one click and to open logs.

http://ahkscript.org/
majtejn

Postby shizuka » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:42 am

If you dont mind me asking, what mouse u using?i dled your stuff but it wont work aha tutorial dosnt help me much. The category '"click" dosnt talk about anything related to my type of mouse i think, i also have those 2buttons on the top of the mouse but then what about the 6 other hokteys on the side
Darwoth wrote:
shizuka

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities