Woodworking works not properly

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Woodworking works not properly

Postby Procne » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:22 pm

JohnCarver wrote:The problem isn't so much board cutting. Its that woordworking does 'too much'. Right now its Planing boards, whittle bench, chopping Blocks, Cutting trees etc. Whereas, the other civ's are much more limited in scope. I could add board cutting to it as well, but then I would feel the need to remove board planning and tree chopping for example. Given that board planing and tree chopping have no planned tool to speed them up, they didn't seem like the best choice.

I think that's a problem of other professions. This isn't WoW where you have to balance every profession and class for them to be viable or else people would drop them. Each profession in Salem is required. There is no need to artificially make them, and their gear, balanced. Especially when the balance is achieved by nerfing something that was good and fun.

I could see a point in gear having too strong effect, making it somewhat mandatory to perform specific tasks. If so then its effect could be reduced slightly. Right now I think woodworking was fine before the patch, and other professions needed, and still need, more work.

As for the tree chopping - it already has a tool to speed it up. That is metal axe.
Procne

Re: Woodworking works not properly

Postby neored9 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:37 pm

JohnCarver wrote: Mystery Tool Box soon.

neored9

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities