Character Stuck

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Character Stuck

Postby loftar » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:47 pm

It sure sounds like some kind of network error, but I can't say I know more exactly what would cause it. Could it be that you have some kind of NAT router that behaves strangely on UDP sessions?
loftar

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:44 am

A good way to test network issues is by trying to connect via a different network. Even try a different network card if you know anyone that has a USB or Firewire wireless network interface (or a spare PCI/PCIe card that will plug into your board). If you know what you're looking at, open up a performance monitor and look for bad traffic--spikes of network traffic completely dropping out and dirty packets to name a couple. You can also try doing pings and tracert's to the server host (plymouth.seatribe.se if it hasn't been moved; haven't seen anything different as of yet).
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Kandarim » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:22 pm

MagicManICT wrote:You can also try doing pings and tracert's to the server host (plymouth.seatribe.se if it hasn't been moved; haven't seen anything different as of yet).

game.salemthegame.com ;)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities